While browsing our site, You communicate personal data to us. Thank You for placing Your trust in us. In this policy, we want to explain how Your data are used and what Your rights are. The Personal Data Controller is the company WINE WORLD, whose contact details You can find in the legal notices.
"Cookies” means text files stored on a User’s device which are used to store information about the User.
“Personal Data” means any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person. An “identifiable natural person” is one that can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number (such as a cookie or an IP address), location data, or an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Partners” means the various service providers used, be it for the processing of Your orders, product delivery, the after-sales service, technological services, advertising services, social media, etc.
“General Data Protection Regulation” means the entirety of European Regulation No 2016-679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter the “GDPR”), and the local laws on the protection of personal data (in France, these include, in particular, Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties, as amended).
“Site”: means the website accessible at the URL https://www.wine-world.fr/;
“You”, “Your” or “User” refers to i) any visitor to the Wine World Site, i.e. a person browsing the Site without having created a customer account or placed an order; ii) any prospective customer of Wine World, i.e. a person who has created a customer account but has not yet ordered any products; and iii) any Wine World customer, i.e. a person who has placed an order via the Site.
purposes of collection and processing of personal data
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Managing customer relations and product orders:
The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary, depending on the case, for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Wine World or for the performance of the contract with the concerned person.
Managing marketing actions and customer acquisition (direct marketing):
The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary, depending on the case, for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Wine World or for the performance of the contract with the concerned person, or that it is done with the consent of the concerned person (particularly in the case of emailing of commercial solicitations to visitors and prospective customers).
Managing complaints and requests to exercise their rights from visitors, prospective customers and customers:
The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary, depending on the case, in order for Wine World to fulfil a legal obligation, for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Wine World, or for the performance of the contract with the concerned person.
personal data collected
All the information You provide to us during Your visits to our Site and/or when placing Your orders is strictly confidential. This information is necessary for processing operations such as managing Your orders and our commercial dealings with You.
We collect the Personal Data You voluntarily declare to us upon creating Your personal account, i.e.: Your family name, first name, date of birth, gender and email address.
We also collect and process the following Personal Data:
- The following Data concerning the monitoring of Your commercial dealings with our company: products ordered, quantity, amount, frequency, delivery and/or billing address(es), telephone number, building access code, and any other relevant information about delivery (tracking number, delivery status, etc.); purchase history, product returns, correspondence and/or telephone exchanges with You and our after-sales service, exchanges with and comments from customers, persons in charge of customer relations, etc.
- The Data necessary to: i) carry out loyalty-building, customer acquisition (direct marketing) and promotion operations; ii) organise and process competitions, lotteries and any promotional operation, such as the date of entry, the answers submitted for the competition, and the nature of the prizes on offer; iii) Data concerning Your contributions (reviews of products, content or the Site).The main purpose of collecting and processing such Personal Data on the Site is to manage Your orders. Collection and transmission is mandatory for some Data and optional for other Data, as indicated in the collection forms available on the Site.
Furthermore, we also collect and process Personal Data concerning Your browsing and Your behaviour on the Site: Your IP address, pages visited, etc.
recipients of your personal data
The recipients of Your Personal Data collected on our Site are, first of all, the duly authorised persons within Wine World, for the processing of Your orders and for customer relationship management.
- Our providers of payment solutions and payment security;
- Our delivery service providers and carriers;
- Our IT service providers;
- Our service provider specialising in collecting and processing Customer reviews;
- Our service provider specialising in managing abandoned baskets;
- The service provider we use to video-record customers’ browsing on the Site so as to have a history of errors and bugs in case of a customer complaint.
- Our affiliate partners;
- Our programmatic advertising partner;
- Our virtual online assistance service provider;
- The partners we use to send promotional emails and conduct promotions on our Site;
- Our ad retargeting partners;
- Social media;
- Traffic and browsing analysis tools.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to Partners located in countries that do not offer the same level of data protection as European Union countries (in particular the United States). Wine World ensures that such transfers are subject to appropriate safeguard mechanisms, in particular by ensuring that the Partner is a member of the Privacy Shield or through the signing of standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. You can obtain a copy on request.
Finally, Wine World may be required to transmit Your data to third parties when it receives a request from a judicial authority, or any other administrative authority authorised by law, asking that such information be communicated in accordance with the legislative provisions in force.
retention of personal data
- Data on Visitors and Prospective Customers: Data concerning Prospective Customers are kept in current records (i.e. records ordinarily accessible to the relevant departments of Wine World) for 3 years after the last contact from the Prospective Customer.
The following shall be considered to constitute a “contact” from the Prospective Customer: logging into to his/her customer account; viewing a product data sheet; adding a product to his/her basket; searching for a product on the Site; clicking on a link contained in the Wine World newsletter or in an email sent by Wine World; or taking part in a competition organised by Wine World.
Once this 3-year period elapses, Wine World may contact the Prospective Customer again to find out whether he/she wishes to continue to receive commercial solicitations. If no explicit positive response is received from the Prospective Customer, the data will be archived in accordance with any applicable provisions, in particular those of the French Commercial Code, Civil Code and Consumer Code.
In any case, You may at any time revoke Your consent and ask to unsubscribe from the Wine World Newsletter by clicking on the link contained in the messages sent to You. In such an event, Your Personal Data will be destroyed within 1 month of Your request to unsubscribe.
- Customer Account Data: Data concerning Customer accounts are kept for as long as is strictly necessary for the management of the commercial relationship. The “end of the commercial relationship” shall be considered to have occurred if the relevant customer account has been deleted, any complaints opened with the after-sales service have been closed, and the customer has not made contact with Wine World for more than 5 years.
Beyond the end of the commercial relationship with the customer, some data may be archived in accordance with the applicable provisions (including, but not limited to, those of the French Commercial Code, Civil Code and Consumer Code).
Furthermore, customer data used for customer acquisition (direct marketing) purposes may be kept for 5 years after the end of the commercial relationship (for example, after a purchase or the last contact made by the customer).
Once this 5-year period elapses, Wine World may contact the Customer again to find out whether he/she wishes to continue to receive commercial solicitations. If no explicit positive response is received from the Customer, the data will be archived in accordance with any applicable provisions, in particular those of the French Commercial Code, Civil Code and Consumer Code.
- Connection data: Your connection logs, collected subject to Your consent and to the settings of Your device via cookies and other trackers placed on our Site, will be kept for a period not exceeding thirteen (13) months, in accordance with the applicable regulations. For more details about cookies, how they work, and how You can disable them, see the section below dedicated to cookies.
Wine World implements appropriate technical, organisational and physical security measures to protect the personal data processed against damage, loss, misuse, intrusion, disclosure, deterioration or destruction and to prevent unauthorised access to said data, be it accidental or unlawful.
Wine World’s information systems are equipped with state-of-the-art physical and software protection, and procedures for the physical and electronic backup of data are implemented. Wine World demands the same level of protection from its data processors.
rights of individuals over the data collected
You have the right to request: i) access to and rectification of Your Data; ii) restriction of the processing of Your Data; or iii) the erasure of Your Data and; iv) to withdraw Your consent for processing operations founded on this legal basis.
You may exercise Your right to object to processing operations used for customer acquisition (direct marketing) purposes. If You receive commercial approaches (direct marketing) by email, You may also change Your settings or unsubscribe from the Newsletter by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” hyperlink present in each Newsletter.
You may set guidelines on the retention, erasure and communication of Your Personal Data after Your death. These guidelines may be general or specific.
You may also request to exercise Your right to portability, where applicable, in order to receive Your Personal Data in an open, machine-readable format.
Lastly, You have the right to file any other complaints with the relevant supervisory authority (in France, the CNIL).
These rights may be exercised directly, by sending an email to the address indicated in the section “Communicating with Wine World” below.
communicating with Wine World
- by email, at the address RGPD@wine-world.fr
- by post, at the address : 96, rue Pierre Decoster – B-1190 Forest – BELGIUM
A cookie is a file placed by a publisher on the device used to access the Site (computer, smartphone, tablet).
Voucher offers of Shopify: In order to select a currently interesting voucher offer for you, we will transmit your pseudonymised hash value of your e-mail address and your IP-address in encrypted form to Shopify (Art. 6 par. 1 f GDPR). The pseudonymised hash value of your e-mail address is used to consider a possibly existing objection to receive offers from Shopify (Art. 21 par.3, Art. 6 par. 1 c GDPR). The IP-address will be exclusively used for data security purposes and as a rule the same will be anonymised after seven days (Art. 6 Abs.1 f DSGVO). Furthermore, we will transmit order number, order value with currency, session ID, coupon code, and time stamp in pseudonymised form to Shopify for billing purposes (Art. 6 Abs.1 f DSGVO). If you are interested in a voucher offer of Shopify, while there is no objection existing to receive such offers, and if you click on the voucher banner, we will transmit your form of address, your name and your e-mail address in encrypted form to Shopify to prepare a voucher (Art. 6 par. 1 b, f GDPR). You will find further information about the processing of your data by Shopify in their Online Data Protection Notice.